The COVID-19 pandemic has changing and uncertain effects on so many aspects of our lives. Businesses are considering and implementing changes to their premises, contracts, procedures and team structures. Individuals are concerned about employment issues, their personal affairs and future provisions.
Streathers have produced a series of articles tackling the coronavirus’ impact on some of the most common issues affecting our clients and their businesses for your review.
In addition to the matters included in these articles, we offer advice in relation to the following areas of law.
- Commercial property – business rates, rent payments, negotiating changes to lease terms.
- Corporate and commercial – performance of contracts, insurance issues, contract termination, restructuring.
- Construction – termination and suspension issues, extensions of time, force majeure, loss claims.
- Debt recovery & insolvency: advising and representing businesses and individuals, directors’ duties and creditor action.
- Divorce and family – issues in relation to child contact arrangements, relationship pressures during lock-down, cohabitation agreements, ongoing proceedings with the court working remotely, resolving financial disputes by way of private Financial Dispute Resolution appointments, enforcing or varying financial orders.
- Employment – contracts, furlough agreements, redundancy, working from home issues, advice for employers and employees.
- Leasehold Enfranchisement – proceeding with claims based on desktop valuations, expediting matters on behalf of freeholders and initiating claims on advice from surveyors as to timing and current market values.
- Litigation and dispute resolution – difficulties fulfilling contractual obligations including advice regarding breaches, postponement and termination, force majeure and frustration, advice in relation to business interruption, insurance claims
- Private client – making a will and doing so remotely, preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney, the administration of estates and advice relating to inheritance tax including planning and on application for probate.
- Property disputes – issues for landlords and tenants, repossession, rental collection, variations to lease terms, issues with neighbours.
- Residential conveyancing – supplemental agreement to deal with delayed completions, applying for re-mortgages, progressing matters within the current government restrictions.
Please see the COVID-19 related articles on this page for your reference.