Website Streathers Solicitors
We are a growing, boutique London law firm with offices in Baker Street, Hampstead, Highgate, Crouch End and Clapham. We build long-standing relationships with our colleagues and clients and are known for our work in commercial and residential property, corporate and commercial law, litigation, employment law, family law and private client legal advice.
Since 1976, Streathers has been advising individuals, businesses, and charities on a wide variety of legal matters. We are a growing, boutique London law firm with offices in Baker Street, Hampstead, Highgate, Crouch End and Clapham. We build long-standing relationships with our colleagues and clients and are known for our work in commercial and residential property, corporate and commercial law, litigation, employment law, family law and private client legal advice.
We pride ourselves on taking a personal interest in the clients and third parties we deal with on a daily basis, by building these real connections we have been able to exponentially grow our network and continue to do so. You would be part of a growing team and firm that is widely respected in North London.
Our commercial success is reinforced by our unique culture. We encourage colleagues to get involved in various social and networking opportunities across our offices and look to hire people with personality and value our colleagues’ individualism and wellbeing.
Our growing property department in our new Crouch End office is looking for an outstanding property paralegal to provide administrative support to the residential property department. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow with the team. We would be looking for a proactive candidate to deliver consistently high levels of client service under the supervision of our close-knit team. The role would be hands-on and client facing from the outset, with faster opportunities for increasing responsibility as you progress.
- Assist in managing the solicitor’s caseload from start to finish, this includes but not limited to:
- creating and organising client files using a legal case management system;
- assisting with initial AML and KYC checks, working closely with our compliance team;
- drafting client care documents and being responsible for onboarding processes of new and existing client files;
- assisting with processes such as ordering property searches, drafting contract packs and other legal documents, arranging and managing original documents, drafting completion statements;
- completing post-completion steps such as handling land registry applications, notices, preparing invoices and recording payments for matters.
- Providing general admin support.
- Liaising with clients, lenders, agents, and solicitors directly to keep them updated on the progress of their matter.
- Taking on responsibility within a close-knit team and helping to train other support staff.
- Complying with risk management processes and policies.
- Weekdays from 9.30am to 5.30pm with an hour lunch break
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, organisational, and administrative skills.
- Resourceful, proactive and apply initiative to problem solve.
- Able to confidently liaise with clients and third parties.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be experienced at multi-tasking, dealing confidential documents, and taking responsibility for managing and effectively prioritising workload.
- Must thrive in a busy, team-oriented environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Must have A* – C grade GCSE’s and A Levels.
- Must have obtained a 2:1 or 1st class undergraduate degree.
- Some prior experience in a Paralegal Legal Secretary or Legal Assistant role is advantageous but not a must.
- Previous experience or familiarity with a case management system is advantageous.
- 25 days holiday a year; plus, birthdays and the period between Christmas and New Year.
- Pension contributions as per the Streathers pension scheme (Streathers contribute 3% of gross salary and employees contribute 5%).
- Bike funding as part of the Cycle to Work scheme.
- An extremely friendly and welcoming working environment, including an exceptional range of benefits such as the Employee Assistance Programme, which offers all colleagues generous access to professional services to help with wellbeing and mental health.
- Discretionary bonus opportunities.
- Free training opportunities.
- Monthly socials and considerably funded annual trip with the wider Streathers team.
The full job description is available here – Property Paralegal – Crouch End
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.