Alicia joined Streathers in 2014 to head up our family department in the West End, becoming a partner in 2016. She has specialist accreditation as a member of Resolution and her expertise include all aspects of divorce and family law. Alicia advises her clients in a constructive manner with a view to directing the parties’ energies and costs towards the best outcome in all the circumstances.
Her specialist areas include:-
- Divorce procedure.
- Financial aspects of divorce; including negotiations, clean break consent orders and contentious court proceedings for financial relief.
- The law relating to children; including who children should live with and with whom they should spend time and how often.
- Children Act proceedings both on behalf of parents and grandparents.
- Applying for orders for Special Guardianship.
- Legal and practical advice to cohabitees and to couples owning their first property together including drafting cohabitation agreements;
- Pre-nuptial arrangements.
- Separation Agreements.
Whilst Alicia is based in our Central London office she is also able to assist and meet with clients at an office in Pinner, near to where she lives. A number of Alicia’s family and divorce clients are from the local areas of Ruislip, Amersham, Uxbridge, Harrow and Northwood.
In addition to her main specialist practice area, Alicia also assists clients with the drafting of wills and lasting powers of attorney.
- Drafting and negotiating an increasing number of Pre-Nuptial Agreements on behalf of clients wishing to ring-fence inherited, family and accumulated wealth.
- Successfully achieving extended holiday and majority weekend contact for a parent with whom their child had not previously spent time overnight, building on the strength of their existing bond.
- Reaching financial settlement by consent in cases involving property portfolios, complex pension structures as well as vested and unvested bonus schemes applicable to the period of the marriage up to and including separation.
‘Alicia was pivotal during my whole case, providing professional, consistent and well executed advice and service. She has been available to respond to any of my concerns and worries, at short notice.
As a result of her guidance and motivation, we managed a favourable out of court settlement within a reasonable length of time. I would have no hesitation in recommending Alicia.’
‘Alicia, thank you so much for all your help with my case. We were a good team and worked well together and you always provided a very professional service. You went out of your way many times, always trying your very best to help. Of course I will never forget this traumatic part of my life but I will remember you for the good reasons. I am not happy at the prospect of giving him money he doesn’t deserve but at least I have kept my daughter in her familiar and safe surroundings and she is so happy.’
‘Recently I had to deal with an unpleasant personal issue which was very stressful for me. This was my first time approaching and dealing with a lawyer, and I wasn’t sure who to trust to work on my case. I was extremely lucky to have Alicia Cenizo representing me. Alicia from the start dedicated time to listen to me, and always replied to my questions promptly. The outcome of her assistance was simply amazing. I am very pleased and most definitely I will recommend her as a lawyer. What I found great about Alicia, is her dedication and understanding in regards to what I was going through. She approached my case in a sensitive but also professional manner.’