Nadia joined Streathers in 2015 and became a partner in the corporate and commercial department in 2022. She is also head of non-contentious employment at Streathers.
Nadia’s clients include start-ups, high net worth individuals, commercial property developers, SMEs and large private companies, who she advises on all aspects of their company commercial and employment requirements such as preparing companies for sale, making acquisitions, raising finance and providing commercial drafting solutions across a range of industries.
Nadia’s expertise includes:
- Mergers & Acquisitions: including asset and share sales and purchases. Nadia also advises on English and offshore corporate real estate transactions and all other corporate transactions.
- Shareholder, Joint Venture & Investment Agreements: for individuals and companies within the financial, retail, leisure, property development and services industries (domestic and international). Nadia also drafts and negotiates non-disclosure agreements, heads of terms, investment agreements, development and LLP agreements, articles of association and the full suite of corporate documents including share option agreements (EMIs and non-tax advantageous schemes).
- Facility & Security documents: Nadia has notable experience in dealing with institutional and private lenders for commercial, development and personal financing. She also advises on Islamic finance with a particular focus on Master Murabaha and Diminishing Musharakah agreements, and more recently CBILS.
- Commercial Contracts: standard terms and conditions for a range of businesses including retail, service providers, distribution, manufacturing and internet based companies. Nadia’s commercial work also includes advising on software licences, agency/distributor and franchise agreements.
- Fund raising: advising companies, trustees and private capital investors on funding rounds, subscriptions, setting up investment vehicles and dealing with a range of private equity and funding related matters including debt finance, share buy-backs/exchanges and admitting shares to CREST.
- Intellectual Property: including registering UK, EU and worldwide trademarks, advising on IP related contracts and agreements including licensing and assignment, collaboration agreements, branding, image rights issues and copyright law advice. Nadia has successfully defended alleged trademark infringement claims and submitted oppositions to trademark applications which have been upheld.
- Terminating Employment & Settlement Agreements: negotiating, drafting and advising on redundancies, breach of confidence, breach of restrictive covenants and settlements. Nadia is very experienced in negotiating exit packages and settlement agreements, both from an employer and employee perspective.
- Employment Contracts, Consultant Agreements, Policies & Procedures: including advice on post termination restrictions, staff handbooks, data protection and disciplinary and grievances.
- TUPE/Outsourcing: Advising business purchasers, employees and companies on all TUPE related issues.
- Acted for the buyer in the multi-million pound acquisition of a UK software company providing services for HR, workforce analysis and predictive analytics including payroll services for the NHS.
- Acted for the seller on his disposal of a service company that supplies professional sound equipment for music and entertainment tours and festivals worldwide for clients such as Sony Music and Universal.
- Advised the buyer on the simultaneous acquisition of three aviation companies for £13m which included deferred consideration and assignments of loans to a Dutch holding company.
- Acts for a global fashion retailer with international outlets in respect of its distribution, agency, franchise agreements.
- Advising a top ranked Surrey Golf Club on a wide range of commercial matters from drafting and advising on software and other commercial licences, contracts, employment related matters and all intellectual property matters including trademark registrations.
- Representing a well-known not-for-profit company in the Baker Street and Marylebone area on its commercial contracts and tender documentation.
- Advised an international client on the £5m purchase of a BVI company owning UK real estate. This transaction included advising on an Islamic finance with QIB bank.
- Independently advised an international client on the £4.5m purchase of an Isle of Man registered company owning UK real estate including advising on the re-finance of the target company with Barclays Bank Plc.
- Representing a senior executive on a multi-million pound employment contract.
- Advising the CEO of World Rugby on his move to the NFL as Head of Europe.
- Acting for a recruitment company in a six-figure settlement agreement.