Philip joined Streathers in 2012 and became a partner in 2016. He heads up Streathers’ corporate and commercial practice and is now Managing Partner of the firm’s network of North London offices.
Previously, Philip trained, qualified and practised for about 5 years at a large international law firm in the City, where he advised a variety of UK and multi-national business clients (including some of the world’s leading brands).
Philip is now based at Streathers’ Hampstead office and advises businesses, charities and individuals on the following specialist areas:
- Mergers & acquisitions – including business purchases, share sales and other corporate transactions.
- Joint ventures & partnerships – including shareholders’ and partnership agreements, equity and structured investments and other forms of fundraising or restructuring.
- Commercial contracts – including online T’s & C’s, supply contracts, distribution and franchising agreements, intellectual property, employment/consultancy contracts and other commercial agreements.
- Commercial property – including commercial leases, assignments, sub-leases, freehold sales and development agreements.
Philip loves building long-term relationships with growing businesses and becoming their trusted strategic adviser. He is an affiliate member of the British Footwear Association and has previously served as a member of the BCLA Council.
- Acting as the key strategic adviser for a young but fast-growing footwear supplier on over 50 different projects, including in relation to its international distribution, wholesale and manufacturer relationships, research collaborations, loyalty programme and GDPR compliance.
- Advising an international publishing business on a number of strategic acquisitions, mergers, collaborations and restructures as it sought to become a leading player in the UK and European markets – and then the sale of the entire group to a major US acquirer.
- Advising on international asset sales of several apps and ultimately a share sale of the entire app development business.
- Advising a leading cleaning & support services business on key commercial contracts, employment contracts & policies, data protection compliance and loan arrangements.
- Assisting an international hotel group with its acquisition of a London hotel business for £10 million.
- Advising the founders of an innovative tech company re a structured equity investment from an international car manufacturer.
- Advising on the creation of a UK franchise from an international luxury beauty brand, including the acquisition of two premises and their development into beauty salons.
- Share sale of SPV holding mixed-use commercial building for over £21 million.
- Acting on the sale and purchase of several optician practices.
- Providing strategic advice to many SMEs, start-ups & family investment companies on shareholders’ agreements, business documentation, fundraising and exits.
A selection of Google reviews about Philip (more available here)
Andrew Mayhew: “I had a fantastic experience with Philip Deja, who assisted me on the legal side of the sale of my ecommerce business. The process of selling a business is inherently stressful but with Philip and Varishma in my corner everything went as smoothly as I could hope for. I was extremely pleased with the level of service provided – very knowledgeable and friendly, as well as very fast to reply and very committed to the job at hand. I would undoubtedly recommend Philip and Streathers.”
Jack Bryant: “We have worked with Philip Deja @ Streathers for a number of years now for various smaller projects. His advice and services have been absolutely first class. Most recently however, we instructed Philip to act for us for the sale of our business. His work has been invaluable for us and the attention to detail, work ethic, support and countless late nights really do put Philip and Streathers a cut above the rest. We hope to continue working together on many more projects in the future. Thanks.”
Neil Scaplehorn: “Philip Deja and Varishma Assani worked tirelessly on our MBO for a number of months over 2021/22. We’re extremely pleased with the outcome and would heartily recommend their services to anyone seeking advice in this area.”
Lathar: “I have worked with Philip Deja at Streathers for a while now. Along with his colleague, Varishma, they have offered me excellent corporate services to assist in the growth of my organisation. Philip’s expertise, attention to detail and genuine interest in offering a solution for my requirements has been a breath of fresh air. Highly recommend.”
Mark Chaloner: “Streathers and Philip Deja in particular, have been invaluable in advising us, whilst being patient and responsive at all times, on a wide range of commercial transactions. Highly recommended.”