Sarah joined Streathers in 2017 as a member of our family team.
Sarah advises on all aspects of family law, including:
- Financial settlements, including financial court proceedings, in the context of divorce and separation;
- Child arrangements, and child contact disputes;
- Child maintenance disputes;
- Relationship planning, including pre-nuptial agreements, post- nuptial agreements and Cohabitation agreements.
Sarah believes in providing clients with constructive, practical and clear advice; working alongside clients to achieve resolution to disputes in accordance with their desired aims; and wherever possible avoiding unnecessary contention to prevent inflation of costs. She is a member of resolution.
- Representing a client in financial proceedings and successfully achieving a clean break financial settlement on divorce, and a dismissal of future spousal claims;
- Assisting a client in procuring a favourable financial settlement following divorce which included keeping the family home;
- Representing a father in successfully re-establishing contact with his two young children, following a period of 6 months of suspended contact;
- Acting for a mother seeking to successfully establish paternity and procure enhanced child maintenance payments, without the need for court action.
“Sarah Mortimer dealt with my divorce procedure and I would definitely recommend her. Sarah has been professional throughout, whilst being empathetic, kind and caring, she always went the extra mile to fight for me, and ensured I was informed at all times with regard to how my case was progressing, giving much needed support at all times. I can only thank you Sarah for your unending support and excellent work!”
“Incredibly professional, friendly and fast advice.”
“I had a wonderful experience in dealing with Sarah Mortimer in the settlement negotiations regarding my former matrimonial home. I really appreciated her insight and expertise. Her thoughtfulness, advice, and respectfulness is greatly appreciated.”
“Cannot recommend Sarah highly enough.”