Alex joined Streathers in 2014 as a trainee solicitor undertaking work in property, private client, commercial and litigation matters before qualifying into the firm’s Private Client and Commercial department at Baker Street in 2016. Alex was appointed to the role of Senior Associate in 2021.
Previously, Alex read geography at Newcastle University before converting over to the law at BPP Law School in London.
Alex advises on a range of private client and commercial matters including:
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Estate and Inheritance Tax Planning
- Tax advice on property acquisitions and structuring
- Probate Services
- SDLT higher rate refunds
- Company Incorporation
- Drafting Commercial Contracts and Joint Venture Agreements
- Acquisition and Development Finance (including Sharia compliant financing)
- Development Agreements
- De-envelopment of residential property
- Commercial Leases
- Charity Registration
- Data Protection & Privacy Matters
Alex is also Streathers Data Protection Officer and advised us on our own GDPR compliance and has acted on a wide range of data protection matters for small to medium size enterprises including the preparation of privacy notices and other key compliance documents, the drafting of simple agreements to meet controller/processor obligations, advising on data breach handling and the interpretation of data subject rights.
- Acted for a development client in connection with a murabaha facility for the construction of 62 flats.
- Acted for a client in “demerging” a rental business from an existing development company.
- Gave tax advice to a non-UK domiciled client regarding the acquisition of UK investment property.
- Assisted with the de-envelopment of UK property owned through a B.V.I. Company.
- Assisted with the preparation of a full suite of documents dealing with GDPR compliance.