Richard qualified as a solicitor in 2018 having trained at Streathers. He previously gained several years of experience as a Private Client paralegal.
Following his qualification, Richard now works within our Private Client and Property departments in the Clapham Office. Richard advises on a broad range of personal matters including:-
- Will writing;
- Probate and Estate Administration;
- Preparation, Registration and use of Lasting Powers of Attorney as well as General Powers of Attorney;
- Applications to the Court of Protection concerning Deputyship appointments.
Richard also advises on a variety of property matters including:
- Lease extensions – either under the statutory procedure or by agreement;
- Enfranchisement; and
- Residential Purchases and Sales.
- Preparation of Wills for couple adopting a child under a surrogacy agreement;
- Administration of a large estate and distributing assets to extensive group of beneficiaries
- Successful application to Court to grant a lease from non-responsive freeholder;
- Purchasing of the freehold following the freeholders statutory notices and subsequent granting of lease extensions to all the leaseholders.
Richard is currently undertaking a Diploma in Tax and Estate Planning run by the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the global professional association for practitioners who specialise in inheritance and succession planning.