Jessica joined Streathers in 2015. She set up and now heads the Family Law department in our three north London offices, Hampstead, Highgate and Crouch End. She is a member of Resolution and takes a constructive approach to resolving disputes.
She has experience in a wide range of private Family Law matters including the following:
- Divorce Procedure
- Financial issues arising out of divorce and separation including assisting with reaching financial settlements, drafting orders and issuing court applications;
- Children issues including assisting with disputes regarding arrangements for children
- Drafting and advising upon prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Drafting and advising upon separation agreements
- Advising unmarried couples on various issues including cohabitation agreements and cohabitation disputes
- Advising on issues relating to domestic abuse
Jessica is also happy to see clients in South London near where she lives in Balham.
- Assisting multiple clients in reaching settlements both before and during financial remedy proceedings
- Successfully representing a father in resisting an application made by his ex-wife to relocate with their three year old child to South Africa.
- Successfully representing a father in achieving a 50/50 shared care arrangement of their two year old daughter with his ex-partner
- Drafting separation agreements and prenuptial/postnuptial agreements dealing with a range of complex assets
- Obtaining occupation orders and non-molestation orders on behalf of clients suffering from domestic abuse
‘I have benefitted from Jessica’s help during a difficult divorce over the last 12 months and can wholeheartedly recommend her and Streathers as a whole to anyone who’ll be going through this process.
Jessica’s ability to think quickly, calmly and logically about the best approach to take when dealing with the very challenging situations we found ourselves in while dealing with the other side massively put me at ease. I’d had several conversations with other solicitors before choosing to work with Streathers and none came close to showing the level of compassion and care that Jessica did for me and my circumstances: this was just as important a factor for me as knowledge and technical ability when having to go through such an emotional process.
Since my divorce concluded just a few months ago, I’ve already referred a friend to Jessica who I’d previously told about her: while I hope none of my other friends decide to get divorced anytime soon, I won’t hesitate to recommend both Jessica and Streathers again in the future!’
‘Jessica Palmer guided me through the legal process and ultimately achieved my desired outcome. She was available for advice at all times and was friendly and sympathetic to my needs. I would recommend her and Streathers Hampstead without reservation.’
‘Streathers have been from the first meeting polite, professional and highly knowledgeable about divorce law. Jessica Palmer gave invaluable advice which saved my property and made the process easy.’