Intellectual property rights such as patents, trademarks, designs and copyright are valuable assets for an individual or company in the modern business world. As the potential to harness or forfeit the value of creative work increases with every new technological advance, consideration of how to best protect your intellectual property rights and assets has never been more important.
IP related legal services we offer
- IP related contracts and agreements including licensing, collaboration agreements, end user agreements, IP joint ventures, exploitation agreements, image rights and investment agreements where IP is the main asset;
- Selling or assignment of intellectual property rights;
- Branding and image rights issues;
- Copyright law advice;
- Protection of databases and rights;
- Intellectual property issues relating to employees, consultants and external suppliers, including ensuring GDPR compliance through to confidentiality and ensuring that designs created for a business by an employee or external supplier are legally owned by the business;
- Protection of confidential information and trade secrets whether through duties of confidentiality, non-disclosure agreements (NDA Agreements) or other legal methods;
- Design rights;
- Registration of trademarks;
- IP aspects of franchise arrangements;
- IP dispute resolution and infringement – we advise on the best ways to take action for infringement, whether assisting with obtaining evidence, sending a cease and desist letter, taking court action or obtaining an injunction. We can also assist if you are defending an IP related claim.
Ongoing advice and support
In today’s frantic and fast moving business world, managing a portfolio of IP assets can be extremely time consuming. We can work with you to establish and enforce your intellectual property rights on an ongoing basis to ensure you are protected, to maintain awareness of risks and breaches and to ensure that you don’t miss any important registrations or renewal dates.
Intellectual Property Solicitors in London
If you need lawyers for advice on any aspect of IP, a contract drawn up, help with protecting your IP or dealing with finance and investment for your invention, design or IT business, please do get in contact.